Last Updated on Monday, 06 September 2010 20:56 Written by Administrator Sunday, 05 September 2010 01:01
This unit is an introduction to dairy goat and upgrading of local goats
1. Cross-breeding with local goats to produce pure breed toggenburg.
2. Get more kids from parent stock
3. Generate more income through milk production
4. Support caregiver and orphans through sale of milk and goat kids.
5. Build kid stock for potential farmers
6. testing of local goats for diseases before cross-breeding.
7. Use bucks from parent breed to cross-breed the local goats and not the pure buck.
* Separate the bucks from the does
* Increas stock
* sell milk
* Selling of male kids
* Improving local goats
* Selling female cross-breeds
* feeding and health management
* community training
* Support community to establish own improved goat farms